Amaranth Drop Cookies, no sugar/no butter
Main recipe page
Lamendola, health and fitness expert
This recipe is ideal for anyone who doesn't want the insulin swings,
osteoporosis, increased risk of diabetes, excess body fat, and tooth decay that come from
eating refined sugar. It's also ideal for anyone who doesn't want the clogged arteries and
saturated fat that butter provides. These cookies contain required-for-health unsaturated
fats. And they are delicious!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup raisins
1 tbsp arrowroot or potato starch
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp double-acting baking powder
(not baking soda)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- 1/2 cup oil
(sunflower, peanut, walnut, or similar)
- 4 eggs (free-range, only)
3 pieces of fruit (apples, pears, banana), diced
(fructose is essential to the process)
- 1 cup water
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add oil to eggs.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Puree banana in blender, adding water/milk from cup as
- Add banana slurry to egg/oil mix.
- Use remaining water/milk to rinse blender jar into egg/oil.
- Add mixed wet ingredients to dry.
- Mix thoroughly. These are drop cookies;
thicken batter as needed by adding amaranth flour, oat flour, or a good vegan
- Spray oil onto cookie sheets, using oil mister or spread
thin film by hand.
- Use a metal tablespoon to drop cookie batter onto cookie sheet (12
to 15 per sheet).
- Sprinkle more nutmeg on cookies, if desired, for additional
- Bake 14 minutes; cookies will begin to brown.
- Re-oil cookie sheets between batches.
- Do not replace flours with non-flours.
- Do not replace sugars with non-sugars.
The cookies will be soft, and they are entirely dunkable! These use no saturated fat or
The high protein of the amaranth and soy will nourish your muscles. The fat in these is
the kind your body needs for healthy nerves and tissue, as well as for the metabolism of
other fats. The fruits provide fiber and (except for the raisins) low-glycemic