Quotations: "Gun Control"
(Also known as "criminal safety program" and
"protecting criminals from law-abiding citizens rather than the other way
...to main quotes page
Compiled by Mark Lamendola
The insanity called "gun control" is based on the ridiculous idea that
rendering people defenseless somehow makes them less of a target for
So-called "gun control" seeks to protect criminals from law-abiding
citizens, rather than the other way around.
When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response
time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.
An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous
God made men equal. Sam Colt keeps them that way.
Attributed to various sources|
Crime is a human behavior problem, not a mechanical
problem. Furthermore, if firearms were not very useful for self-defense,
then police wouldn't carry them. In a free country, if the government
can go armed, so should the citizens, if they so choose.
Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arms length and
never say "I got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for
heavens sake let the "first sound they hear is the safety clicking off"
and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are
doing your job.
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.
|Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor
(Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona ). Here
are a few of his observation on tactics, firearms, self defense and
life as we know it in the civilized world.
- "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and
cheat if necessary."
- "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way..."
- "Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You
may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to
death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
- "If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're
not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin',
someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
- "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your
flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up,
you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're gonna
be one of 'em pretty soon."
- "Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."
- "Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until
something else becomes available."
- "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's
ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to
be paranoid for."
- "Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good.."
- "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you
think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed
at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."
- "You have the rest of your life to solve your problems.. How
long you live depends on how well you do it."
- "You cannot save the planet but you may be able to save
yourself and your family."
- "Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or
until someone makes us go away, and either way, it will be
|Below is a list of gun quotes. Copy and
paste, and send them to people who just don't get it.|
1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it 's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
More Excellent Gun Wisdom
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.
The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than
either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter
recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you
carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on
his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting
trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my
8. Beware of the woman who only has one gun, because she probably knows how
to use it very well.
- 'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him,
but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
- A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose