Here, for example, is the Amazon write-up on the
2012 World Almanac.|
ISBN-10: 1600571484 | ISBN-13: 978-1600571480 | Publication Date: November
22, 2011 | Edition: 1
Get thousands of facts right at your fingertips with this updated resource.
Praise for the previous editions:
- "The World Almanac is the most useful reference book known to modern man."--Los
- "The most versatile single volume, and probably the biggest bargain on the
- "For the most information in one source, The World Almanac remains the
champion."--American Library Association
The World Almanac and Book of Facts is America's top-selling reference book of
all time, with more than 80 million copies sold. Published annually since 1868,
this compendium of information is the authoritative source for all your
entertainment, reference, and learning needs. Praised as a "treasure trove of
political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information" by
The Wall Street Journal, The World Almanac contains thousands of facts that are
unavailable publicly elsewhere.
In fact, it has been featured as a category on
Jeopardy! and is routinely used as a go-to, all-encompassing guide for aspiring
game show contestants. The 2012 edition of The World Almanac and Book of Facts
will answer all of your trivia questions from history and sports to geography,
pop culture, and much more.
- 2010 Census Results: An up-to-date portrait of the changing face of the
American people, based on newly released 2010 census data. Includes essential
population statistics about each state's demographics, typical households, and
new congressional apportionment.
- Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the 10 items that most came to symbolize
the year 2011, from the news and sports to pop culture.
- Year in Sports: Coverage of every major sport, with bonus World Series coverage
including play-by-play and game-by-game playoff action. The 2011 MLB individual
batting and pitching statistics give baseball junkies a jump-start on next
year's fantasy baseball draft.
- The World at a Glance: Fully revised and updated, this annual feature of The
World Almanac highlights surprising stats and curious facts that define the
changing world today.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac takes a look back at 2011 while looking
forward to 2012.
- Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors found some of the wackiest news
stories of the year!
- 2011--Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in
2011, covering news, pop culture, and sports.
- U.S. Colleges and Universities: This feature compiles statistics on thousands
of public and private U.S. colleges and universities--an indispensable tool for
college-bound students and their families. Complete with student enrollment,
tuition and fees, and other useful information on schools