Ectaco translators often
come with a "Bonus CD." Its contents are:
The dictionaries and emulators are only demo versions (the goal is for you to buy a license). The good news is that if you tape over the hole, the CDmakes a nifty beverage coaster. But if you really do want to purchase software to complement what's on your pocket translator, here's more info:
- Dictionaries for Windows(R)
- PC-Link software for Windows
- Emulators of handheld dictionaries
1. Dictionaries for Windows(R):
- Instant direct translation and reverse
- Automatic word to word translation
of the sentences.
- Search option allows user to find
a word or part of a word in the
- entire dictionary database.
- Filtered List allows user to create
a customized list of the most
- necessary words.
- Built-in language support allows
using the program on any computer.
2. PC-Link software for Windows:
The PC-Link software allows you to back-up
/ restore your data from the handheld dictionary.
- You can edit all your data on the
- The program includes a built-in multilanguage
3. Emulators of handheld dictionaries
These applications have the functions
of the handheld electronic dictionaries, with the exception
of pronunciation / voice synthesis. Of course, having
these on a CD is not nearly as useful as having a pocket
translator. But you may also find it useful.